Nau mai haere mai...
Welcome to the Rotorua Boys’ High School Sports Department Page
At Rotorua Boys’ High School we offer a balanced sports programme, in an effort to support the needs of young men today and the stars of tomorrow! Our Schools vision reflects the determination by staff and students “to be the best outstanding Boys’ School in New Zealand. This can be supported by the historical results of our sporting teams including;
- Our 1st XV rugby team won the National Secondary Schools’ Championship in 2015 and came 3rd at the SANIX RUGBY WORLD YOUTH TOURNAMENT in 2016.
- Our Senior Touch Team won the National Finals in December 2015 and 2017.
- Our U15 Sevens team won the North Island Secondary Schools competiton this year.
- Our Waka Ama crews contested the New Zealand Schools Waka Ama Championships on the Blue Lake and returned with some impressive fiinal performances.
- Our Basketball Team placed 4th at the National Secondary Schools Championship in 2015.
- Our Golf Teams came 1st at the JI Manihera Memorial Golf Tournament last year and placed first in the NZ Super Eight Schools Championship this year.
The Sport Department‘s aim is to identify, foster and maximise, in a holistic approach, the natural sporting talent that each student brings to our School. We look forward to offering new students the opportunity to become part of the Rotorua Boys’ High School sporting family.